What's the Deal With Airpods?

Image result for airpods
"I don't speak broke." That line and other variants have been used many times by Airpod owners talking to people without Airpods. Airpods have been out for 3 years where it was unveiled in 2016, but only last year in 2018 did they start to blow up. The most sold item by Apple in 2018 were Airpods, according to them. During only 2018, they sold over 9 million pairs on Airpods.

Back in 2016 when they came out, they were made fun of and people made fun of others for having them because they looked like you had toothbrushes in your ears and the case looked like a dental floss case. Now, everything has changed. Now, people with Airpods are making fun of other people for not having them saying, "Why do your Airpods have wires" or "Sorry, I couldn't hear you because I had my Airpods in."

People with Airpods were made fun of for having toothbrushes in their ears, but now everything has changed. Airpods have just become an icon like Apple phones. People say, "You have an Android, eww" and same goes for Airpods. I think that is the real problem that we have in society. We make people feel bad for not conforming to what everyone else does, even if they are not fortunate enough in life.

Airpods only come in at $159, but owners of them still make fun of people with Beats, which are $200 to $300. This makes "flexing" with Airpods not really a thing. How would you flex if your Airpods costs less than the ones the person you are flexing on has.

I don't really get the whole flexing thing, but I myself am an Airpod owner. I do "flex" with my Airpods, but only with friends jokingly because it is part of the meme culture. I bought my Airpods well before they were hot because I actually thought they were cool and very useful, and turns out they really are great. I can workout or play tennis and not have them fall out or have the connection break. I didn't really care that people called them toothbrushes because I really liked the idea of not having to have wires, which would make working out with them impossible. The product just appealed to me because it seemed sleek and seamless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Strict Parents Make Sneaky Kids?

China's Point System

My Relationship With Media