Do Strict Parents Make Sneaky Kids?

So, do strict parents make sneaky kids, or do sneaky kids create strict parents? I saw this question while scrolling through Instagram and immediately thought that it was a dumb question because my parents were strict and I never was sneaky, but when I scrolled through the comments, there were many different thoughts on this question from many different perspectives. There are many ways in which a parent can raise a child, but there are right and wrong ways. Kids should have respect for parents and should not feel that they can walk over them, but parents should not be so strict in where they are abusing kids. You have to find a middle between being strict and nice. 
Image result for do strict parents make sneaky kids
I believe that parents can be not strict at all and still  have their kids come out fine, but I think there is more that can go wrong with that compared to when the parents are just straight up strict and very straightforward with their children.

On the other side, parents who are too nice and too overprotective make children who don't explore anything on their own and are skeptical of everything. I read an article while ago that learning to lie is normal for children, but not only is it normal, it is very important for their development. I also read that kids need to be able to think for themselves, and by learning to lie, it teaches them to become more independent and not always stuck to their parents. As they get older, kids should want to be further away from parents, but still love them at the same time. It is normal to want your own space without your parents always in it. 

I myself come from a strict household. I come from an Asian family, which is known that Asian parents are usually more strict than other parents. Having strict parents, I have never snuck out of the house or done anything too serious that I shouldn't have done, but I do know some people where their parents are afraid of their own children. I don't think this is right because parents should be able to stand up and confront their children on what they're doing wrong. I think strict parents don't make sneaky kids, but I also don't think sneaky kids make strict parents because when a parent is not strict at first, their child will have no respect for them. If a parent was strict from the get-go, kids will learn from an early age what is right and what is wrong. 

Comments

  1. Hi, it's really Jack Galvez because his blog comments don't work. "When I read this blog, I knew exactly where you were coming from. I've never had much freedom because my parents have been somewhat strict about me going out but since I haven't snuck out, they then trust my ability if I was to go out at night. When you concluded the blog and said 'sneaky kids make strict parents' I completely agreed with that because I know people who have snuck out before and that has led to their parents to being more strict than others. I really liked the topic of this blog because not a lot of people think about this."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come from an Asian house hold as well. My parents do not speak the best English, so it would not be that hard into manipulating them into letting me do something that i wanted to do. However my parents raised me to have respect for them, so I do not want to go against their wishes. My parents are not as strict compared to others. I know the difference between right and wrong because I listen to my parents, not because they are strict, but because i not ignorant like those people who disrespect their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that when parents are too strict to their children, they start wanting to rebel more and more. However, I think that if the parents aren’t strict enough, then the children are going to start rebelling anyways. I agree with how parents should be strict in order to teach the children life lessons, but I think there should be a healthy balance between strict and not strict sometimes because it’s good to have some variation sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

China's Point System

My Relationship With Media