Are Kids Getting Phones Too Early?

Image result for kids on phonesEverywhere you go you can see kids on their phones, unable to talk to each other face to face. Kids are starting to get phones at younger ages and the reason behind that is busy parents who don't have time to spend with their kids.

As we progress into the modern world where out lives are filled with technology, parents are using these technologies to entertain their children. Because parents are becoming more busy and they are tired from work, they spend less time with their children, so they just give them phones to entertain them. This connects to the idea where parents just give their kids things to make them stay home and keep them happy. Parents don't actually want to take the work to talk with their children, so they just distract them with phones.

Giving kids phones at an early age teaches them a world where they can't live without phones. As they grow up and become teens, they become addicted to their phones and feel that they have to always be connected to media. Being addicted to media makes it harder for teens to focus in school, stunts their brain development, and worsening their ability to memorize things.

I think that phones, when they were first introduced, made lives easier, but now they are becoming nuisance. They are getting in the way of people's lives because people are becoming addicted and they don't set any goals for themselves. Without goals, you can't be successful.

Comments

  1. (Aidan): I got my phone when I was in 7th grade which was a lot later than most of my friends. I don't understand why parents give their technology at such an early age because I think they become too dependent on it. I also think parents don't have the time and energy to personally entertain their children, which is why kids are getting technology so early. I personally think kids should receive phones after elementary school after they have learned to live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my phone in 8th grade, which was pretty late compared to a lot of people who got their phones when they were in elementary school. I think kids don't know how to control themselves and don't know when to stop checking their phones. I think this greatly affects their grades in school. Also, I think parents need to teach their children how to be responsible before they are allowed to have a phone. I agree with you on how phones should be introduced to kids once they become teens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Strict Parents Make Sneaky Kids?

China's Point System

My Relationship With Media