My Relationship With Media

Image result for media


Nowadays, it seems that every teen has a strong relationship with media. Media is everywhere on our phones, computers and our everyday life. Everywhere we can see that people are connected with media almost too much. We rely too much on media. Everywhere we can see teens with their necks always bent down looking at their phone texting and looking at memes.

Personally, I think that I have a very strong relationship with media. I wish that I could go back to the time when I was little and innocent, not knowing a thing about media. Those times were good because we did not have to worry about replying to a text or sending a snap to keep the streak. 

I do not consider myself to be overly addicted to media, but I do see people all around school who are glued to their phones. I sometimes even find it calming to just turn my phone off and completely shut off the media world. I don't know what it is about it, but I find myself to be less stressful when I don't have to worry about replying to every text. 

I personally do not like media too much because it causes people to do not so smart things for likes and hopes of getting noticed. It is as if these people need the reinforcement of likes to like themselves. They are disconnected from real life and only have "friends" in the media world. Media also causes people to body shame themselves or for people to body shame others. This is the ugly side of media.

We see people everywhere who are addicted to their phones and can't ever be away from it for any period of time. It is as if they could not live without their phones. Media makes people lazy because they are spending so much time on it that they don't have time for anything else. 

Comments

  1. I agree with the fact that people start to do and say things after being on social media for an extended period of time. I’ve had instances when I’ve subconsciously desired something materialistic after seeing one of my peers getting something, and in this hypnotized state of mind my hands developed a mind if their own and before I knew it, I had already placed the order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way you talked about how media starts to change people and how they believe the internet is what truly represents them. I think a lot of people are very 'like hungry' and they believe the more followers they have the more friends they have. You showed a lot about the downfalls of media and I think there is a lot of them but I also believe we have to be able to see the good of media too. I think media allows us to be more informed on subject as well as to voice our opinions to the world making media good as well at times. Great article keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Strict Parents Make Sneaky Kids?

China's Point System